Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ohana means Family

I went with Jacob to see Disney on Ice today (Mickey and Minnie's Magical Journey). It was pretty good - much more interesting to him than the Disney Princesses one was last year!
So - -I felt a little silly when the Lilo and Stitch section made me tear up a little bit! I've liked the movie since it came out, but I had not really thought about the plot at all for years. Anyway - so Lilo asks her sister, "We're a broken family, aren't we?" and her sister starts to say no, but realizes that maybe they are. Later on in the movie (and in the Disney on Ice rendition), Lilo invites Stitch to be part of their family, and she says something similar to, "we're a broken family, and we're small, but we're still good." This made me think about me and Jacob, for obvious reasons. I don't want to get too deep here, but we may be a tiny family, but we are still good and we love each other and help each other!



Lilo: We're a broken family, aren't we?
Nani: No... Maybe, a little. Maybe a lot. I shouldn't have yelled at you.
Lilo: We're sisters. It's our job.
Nani: Yeah, well, from now on...
Lilo: I like you better as a sister than a mom.
Nani: Yeah?
Lilo: And you like me better as a sister than a rabbit, right?

later. . .

Lilo: Our family's little now,. . . But if you want, you could be a part of it. You could be our baby, and we'd raise you to be good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's sweet - Thanks for sharing :)