Thursday, February 12, 2009

How Firm a Foundation

This hymn really helped me today. I've been trying to figure out some stuff. . .and pray repeatedly to know what to do and/or have confirmation for what I think I should do. So - today was one of those days.
"What more can He say than to you He hath said?" came into my mind, and made me want to sing the whole song. I knew most of the words, but (even though I was at school) I looked up the hymn on lds.org, printed it out, and in between classes I sang all seven verses out loud to myself. I was MUCH calmer and resolved to do what I already planned on doing - what had occurred to me as I fasted, prayed, and felt two Sundays ago. I believe He had already answered my prayers and concerns, and while all is not solved, I felt that I just needed to remember what I had been told.
I shared the words with my (nonmember) parapro, and while my students LOUDLY played rhythm instruments along with a kid's CD, I sang some of it to her.
So - hopefully I will be able to remember how I felt today!

1 comment:

Momma Twitch said...

That's my favorite hymn! It helped me through labor twice! lol Did you know one verse is as long as 1 contraction. LOL