Monday, April 13, 2009

Problem Solving



Soooo. Yesterday, before going to my parents' house for lunch, I took a few pics of myself on my camera.
The problem(s):
1. I didn't realize that there was no SD card in the camera when said pics were taken, so they were stored internally.
2. Choco has chewed the usb cable for my camera, so I would not be able to directly transfer them.

Initial Solution:
1. go to Walmart, buy replacement USB cable.

I did this. (I thought). I bought this super duper 50,000 in one usb cable thing. Yeah. Got it home, of course it didn't fit MY camera. Sigh.

Next solution:
see if I could transfer pics from internal memory to sd card while pics are still on camera.

New (unrealized problem): Can't find my SD card!!!!
New Solution: use SD card in Jacob's camera that he doesn't use.
New Problem: Can't find that camera
New Solution: Use tiny-itsy-bitsy sd card in my BlackBerry. Go get adapter out of purse, attach tiny card into adapter. YAY! Progress.

FINAL SOLUTION:
1)put adapted sd card into camera
2)transfer pics from internal memory to sd card
3)take out adapted card
4)insert sd card into tiny laptop which has an SD card reader built in (my computer doesn't, and remember, I don't have the USB cable)
5)transfer pics from card to folder on laptop (which . . .by the way. . doesn't have any picture editing software. . .soooooo)
6)plug in mass storage device my dad let me borrow so that I could get all my pics and docs off of my computer before he scrubs it to fix virus problems!
7)transfer pics from laptop desktop to mass storage device
8)unplug and plug into my computer
9)Edit pics
10)BLOG!

CRAZINESS, HUH? Oh - - and the pics aren't even that wonderful. oh well. . . enjoy. :)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

hmmm ... seems like Snowflake and Choco could be friends. Snowflake chewed my cell phone charger cord last week. silly dogs! lol