Saturday, June 6, 2009

Red, White, and Virtue

I am going to Girls Camp this coming week. I hadn't planned on going, because its scheduling conflicts with my post-planning at school. However, I agreed to go last minute, and my principal was supportive (as always) with me taking time-off to go.

The theme this year is "Red, White, and Virtue" - encompassing both patriotism and virtue, the "new" Young Women Value that has joined faith, divine nature, individual worth, knowledge, choice and accountability, good works, and integrity.

I am very excited to go. Every year I have gone to camp has been a remarkable experience. The first year or two I went as a young woman were not too great due to my awkwardness at those ages, but since going as a YCL and older, it has been amazing!

Here's Daisy from Girls Camp 2007. . . sporting a hairdo by me.
This is the back of Daisy's hair. . .

Last year, the theme was "For Unto Us a Child is Born" - and everything was Christmas-y. We even had snow! (in June in Georgia!)
Fun, Fun, Fun.
Anyway, while I am not packed, and I haven't purchased everything I need to purchase, and planning and presenting skits always stresses me out, and giving and receiving Secret Sister gifts is always a challenge for me, I am so grateful that I get to go. Here is a video from the Mormon YouTube channel on Virtue . . . I love at the end where all the girls - babies to growup women are all in front of the temple and together turn and look towards the temple. Sweet! This summer, on the road trip for Jacob and me, I am hoping we get to visit many temples.



No comments: