Sunday, June 14, 2009

Camp . . .

My cabin's skit was fun and amazing! We had a blast planning it and performing it. (A first in my history of Girls Camp - enjoying the skit process. . .:)

My Cabin (1)'s AMAZING skit


This year camp was a totally difference experience for me anyway.
1. I didn't plan on going. I only found out I would be able to go a week out, then rushed to try to get things ready.
2. I was solely responsible for my cabin, except for a random extra older girl/grownup that was added at night each night. (A different person each night). In the past, I've teamed up with someone else and we shared all responsibilities. This time - I was the boss - totally - of "MY" girls.
3. For the most part, I was 100% relaxed. Last year, I had been overwhelmingly stressed about trying to figure out my personal life and an upcoming trip to New Mexico. . .so I went to camp HOPING to be able to put those stresses aside. Camp was viewed as an escape to some degree. . . and it was HARD to try to focus on anything but my personal life. . .blah blah blah. This year, I had NO other agenda than to just go to camp and try to enjoy it.
4. I've never been with first year girls. This was an amazing experience for me. I had an amazing group of four girls. . .and they trusted me fully, obeyed me completely, played with me, by the 3rd night, slept on the floor next to my bed. They all four bore their testimonies at the testimony meeting the last night - including the non-member! They told me my laugh was contagious, laughed at my jokes, told me long random stories, . . .it was a great experience for me! :)




No comments: