Thursday, January 14, 2010

C25K W2D3

I was kinda ridiculous.

I am still very self-conscious about anybody seeing my attempts at running. Before today, this had not really been an issue, because I lucked out and no one else was at the Greenway when I went. Well - today, after school I was very tired, so I came home and took a nap. When I woke up, I changed and headed to town. I decided to go by the track at the HS, just to see if anyone was there. Lots of cars. . .several people gearing up to hit it. MAN! why do other people have to be trying to take care of themselves? :)

SO - I headed for the Greenway. 2 cars were there when I got there. BOO! So I kinda waited for a few minutes to see if their drivers would come out and leave. Nope. So. I started thinking.

Hmmmmm. . . I had heard/been reminded about the track at Bill Morris Park. I drove there. MORE people there. Then I drove down to the soccer fields, BUT - there was a road block set up, so I couldn't go there. I was brainstorming more places, when I decided:
1)I'm being ridiculous
2)maybe the people at the Greenway are gone by now.

Went back to the Greenway. One car still there. I sat for just a minute, put in my earbuds, started the Week 2 podcast, and started walking. I passed the owner of the car during my second "run" and yes, I cheated a bit and walked for the 10 seconds or so that he was in my field of vision. I'll get over it soon, I promise. (I hope). I finished the training. . . it was hard, but doable.

Came home, ate, watched "Pretty Woman" for the first time ever. Started realizing a possible reason I hadn't watched any romantic comedies in awhile. (Hopeful/depressing). Read scriptures/prayed with Jacob, watched "Private Practice." Now. Bed.

YAY for Friday! And it's a 3-day weekend! Sweet!

Sunday will start week 3! This will entail:
5 minute warm-up walk
90 seconds run
90 seconds walk
3 minute run
3 walk
90 seconds run
90 seconds walk
3 minute run
3 minute walk
(5 minute cool-down)

I'm 1/2 excited about it, because recently. . .even though the running still burns badly, I'm feeling like I could keep going when the voice over tells me it's time to start. I know the 3 minutes will be hard, but I'm feeling confident about it.

Goodnight!

1 comment:

Momma Twitch said...

GO MEGAN!! You can do it! You know what...when I'm out running and I see people, like you and my hubby, who are out there every day running and trying their hardest day after day I feel so proud of them. So, don't be embarrassed when there's other people out there, I'm sure they're thinking the same thing. You're doing awesome, keep it up!