Wednesday, January 6, 2010

C25K Week 1 non-training day

I decided last night that I would get up at 5am to go walk around the "big block" (1.5miles) this morning. It's not a run/walk day. . .and/so I wanted to keep moving even though I wouldn't be running. I tried to go to bed "early", but I guess anxiety about 1. possibly not waking up early enough to go walk (thus letting myself down) and 2. going back to work/school today made it ridiculously hard to fall asleep! Then, once I did fall asleep, Jacob woke me up at 2:11am, telling me he was going to go ahead and get dressed for school. "No. Go back to sleep." I had some very odd dreams, including a very detailed one about Mrs. Flowers having her kids each write out by hand 30 copies of a chosen song to then make folders of songs with a CD to give to. . . who I initially thought was Mrs. Taylor (a kindergarten para, not to be confused with my Mrs. Taylor). . .which in my dream actually turned out to be someone else. . .anyway. . .lots of weirdness.
   So. When 5am came and my alarm went off, I immediately hit "snooze" - justifying that if I just slept a little longer, I'd still have time to get up, go walk, take a shower, get dressed, get Jacob up, go to school, do morning drop off duty, and be ready for kindergartners at 8:05am.
   BUT. Of course, my mind was still riled up, I felt like I wasn't going to be able to fall asleep ANYWAY, so. . .I got up. I put more layers on. Final attire: my g's, tights, sweats, ss tee, long s tee, light weight jacket, puffy jacket, knit hat, hood. YAY! My trusty companion (Choco) and I started walking at 5:13am. He was WAY excited to have me with him on his morning excursion (he's almost always gone alone. . .I know. . .bad idea. . .oh well.)
  Walked for 33 minutes.
  Came home. Jacob was awake and very distraught cuz he had woken up and not known where I was. I reminded him 1. "If you wake up and I'm not here, I went for a walk" and 2. "If you ever don't know where I am, use the phone and call me!"
  So. YAY! Now. Time for a shower and all the things I've got listed up there of things to do before 8:05. My breakfast, lunch, and snacks are packed to grab to take with me. (whoo-hoo for doing that last night.) I'm very optimistic at this point, in case you can't tell.
  I think I will do this early morning walk on my "off" days combined with some upper body resistance band after school, and do my "training" days at the greenway (or maybe sometimes the track) in the evenings after school. We'll see.
*btw, when I got home, I looked at the weather - 26, feels like 19. . .which I know for you northern/western peeps, is not that big of a deal, but for JESUP!. . .that's COLD!*

1 comment:

Momma Twitch said...

AWESOME!!!! 26 feeling like 19 IS cold! I know the feeling. :) I'm so proud of you. Make sure you remember how you feel right now cause when the day comes where you don't want to get up and go you will remember the great feeling and want to do it again. Keep up the great work!